Farmer's Market Registration Form
Fourth Friday Farmers Market Application
Please download and print the application. Once completed the application can be emailed, mailed, or dropped off in person at Greensburg City Hall on Main Street Greensburg.
Facade Improvement Grant Application 2021
The program is designed to initiate aesthetic improvements and architectural appreciation and preservation while enhancing economic development.
The Main Street Greensburg Design Review Board is the administrative group for the program and will work directly with applicants to achieve successful revitalization projects in a timely manner, providing financial assistance for approved projects.
- Downtown Greensburg property owners and operator/tenants are eligible to apply, as long as the building in need rests inside the Historic District.
- Operator/tenants must have written approval of the property owner.
- Only work begun after approval from the Design Review Board is eligible.
- The building must be commercial or mixed-use. Property owned by religious institutions is not eligible.*
- Taxes on the property must be current.
- Historic Preservation standards apply if locally or nationally listed or considered eligible.
- The property cannot be condemned, in receivership, or in litigation.
- Exterior code violations must be remedied as a part of the project, if applicable.
*Because local government funds are used in this project, only non-religious organizations can receive funding. For questions, please contact the Greensburg Main Street Board.
LOW-INTEREST REVOLVING LOAN FUND
The Main Street Greensburg Low-interest Revolving Loan Program is a cooperative community project developed to encourage and aid the rehabilitation/renovation of historic and/or underutilized buildings located in Greensburg’s Downtown District.
The fund is constructed from generous investments made by First Financial Bank, First Federal Savings and Loan of Greensburg, and a Downtown Enhancement Grant awarded by the State Office of Community and Rural Affairs/Indiana Main Street. Applicants can request for a loan up to $20,000. The loan can be used for interior and exterior renovation of a downtown building, bringing the building up to code and physical improvements.
For more information and an application, click on the links below:
Once you have downloaded and filled out the above forms, you can submit your application by uploading the completed forms here.
HISTORIC PRESERVATION COMMISSION
Are you planning on completing exterior work to a property located in the Downtown Historic District that is visible from the public right-of-way?
If so, you need to obtain a Certificate of Appropriateness (COA) from the Historic Preservation Commission (HPC). All work must follow the HPC design guidelines and no work can be started until the design is approved.
More information can be found here.
SOUTHEAST INDIANA SBDCThe Southeast Indiana Small Business Development Center (ISBDC) is a not-for-profit organization that provides one-on-one, free and confidential business consulting to small business owners and entrepreneurs. Their mission is to create “a positive and measurable impact on the formation, growth, and sustainability of Indiana’s small businesses by providing entrepreneurs expert guidance and a comprehensive network of resources.” Click here for more information. The contact information for Decatur County’s representative is: Ginnie Faller Services they provide include:
- Business planning
- Market research and analysis
- Entity formation
- Finding funding sources
- Recordkeeping set-up
- Strategic planning
- International trade
- Government contracting
- Funding sources
- New customers and markets
- Business management
- Human Resources
- Possible solutions and implementation
- Resources needed
NATIONAL REGISTER OF HISTORIC PLACES
Interested in listing your building or district on the National Register of Historic Places?
Find more information at the National Park Service website.
Information can also be found here on the Indiana Department of Natural Resouces website.
Just looking to research a building via National Register Nomination forms?
They can be searched on SHAARD, Indiana’s online database.
- To begin, click here and “Enter SHAARD as a Guest.”
- Accept the terms and conditions
- Select the database you wish to search (i.e. National Register)
- Fill in the search criteria (to find nominations in Greensburg, type “Greensburg” in the City/Location box and they all show up)